BUILD YOUR OWN BURRITO CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. See Section 2.1 for information relating to how to enter with or without a purchase. The “Build Your Own Burrito Contest ” (the “BYOB Contest” or the “Contest”) is sponsored by MTY Food Group (“Mucho Burrito” or the “Sponsor”). The Contest starts at 12:01:01 AM (MST) on Thursday, August 4, 2022, and closes at 11:59:59 PM (MST) on Thursday, August 25, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is not sponsored by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or TikTok.
1. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and to be eligible to win, the individual entrant must: (i) reside in Alberta, (ii) be a legal resident of Canada at the time of entry, (iii) be at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, (iv) purchase a burrito or burrito bowl at participating Mucho Burrito franchise locations in the province of Alberta, and (v) not be an employee of the Sponsor, its affiliated companies or agents, its respective advertising or promotional agencies or the independent contest organization or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where the entrant lives) or persons with whom the entrant is domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Official Rules”), “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner, or spouse.
2.1. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST WITHOUT PURCHASE: Print your first name, last name, telephone number, date of birth, email address and complete mailing address (including postal code) on a plain white piece of paper and mail it (in an envelope bearing sufficient Canadian postage) along with a handwritten 100 word (or more) unique and original essay explaining your personalized burrito or burrito bowl describing the toppings and ingredients made available at Mucho Burrito restaurants that you would include in your custom creation. Details should include description of flavour, level of spice, and why it should be considered a winning burrito or burrito bowl to the following address: Mucho Burrito Summer Contest, 20 Birch Avenue, Toronto, ON, M4V 1C8 (collectively, the “Request”). Upon receipt of a valid Request in accordance with these Rules, you will be sent one (1) unique code (each, a “Code”) per unique and original Request per envelope with sufficient Canadian postage. To be eligible, a Request must: (i) be received separately in a single envelope bearing sufficient Canadian postage (i.e. multiple Requests in the same envelope will be void); and (ii) be post-marked during the Purchase Period and received by no later than August 25, 2022 to allow Sponsor sufficient time to mail back the Code via email. The Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed or incomplete Requests (all of which are void).
Once you have a valid Code legitimately obtained in accordance with these Rules, you must visit the Website using a compatible internet browser during the Contest Period and follow the on-screen instructions and prompts to: (i) fully complete the Entry Form with all required information (including your Code); and (ii) signify your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Rules.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Each Code can only be used one (1) time in this Contest. Each Code will automatically be void for the purposes of this Contest after its first use or at the close of the Contest Period (whichever occurs first). Please retain the original Code for your records. All Codes submitted are subject to verification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Any Code and/or other materials that cannot be verified to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, is/are subject to immediate disqualification (in which case the Entry associated with such Code will be declared null and void and any rights to any Prize associated with such Code will be forfeited in their entirety).
Once you have fully completed the Entry Form with all required information and have agreed to the Rules, follow the on-screen instructions to submit your completed Entry Form. To be eligible, an Entry must be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. Once your Entry is complete, you will automatically be notified on-screen as to whether or not you are the eligible winner of a Prize.
Only one entry per social platform, per entrant’s account, per day per Mucho Burrito BYOB Contest is permitted.
Mucho Burrito: Any participating Mucho
Burrito franchise in Edmonton, Calgary or surrounding areas of Alberta
By participating in this contest, you represent and warrant that you have the permission of any person appearing in the photo or video you upload to post in this Contest.
Please Note: If someone other than the owner of the content is captured in the photo or video, there must be consent to be eligible to claim the Prize.</p.
3. PRIZE: There are three (3) Prizes available to be won. First place winner will receive one (1) “Grand Prize” of one (1) one hundred dollar ($100.00) CAD Mucho Burrito gift card, a swag bag valued at approximate retail value of three hundred dollars ($300.00) CAD and receive an exclusive menu-item feature with the greater of (i) 1% in earned royalties from the sales of their burrito/burrito bowl in participating stores and online, during a four (4) week period, between September 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022, up to a maximum of two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) CAD, or (ii) one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) CAD. Second and third place winners will each receive one (1) one hundred dollar ($100.00) CAD Mucho Burrito gift card and one (1) swag bag valued at approximate retail value of three hundred dollars ($300.00) CAD. The Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not transferable. All winners will be awarded at the completion of the contest. The Sponsor reserves the right in the event that the Prize or any component of the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute another prize or component of the prize of equal or greater value, without liability or additional recourse against the Sponsor.
4. AWARDING OF A PRIZE: The selected entrant will be contacted using the social media platform (Facebook, Instagram or TikTok) or via entrant’s email address in which the entrant used to enter the Contest within two (2) business days of the Prize draw and will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question. The selected entrant will have two (2) business days to respond to the Sponsor with the correct response to the mathematical skill testing question. The selected entrant will then have three (3) business days to provide shipping details and residential address. Winners must reside within a 30 km radius to a participating Mucho Burrito store franchise listed in the Table above to sign a Declaration and Release form. The prize pack will be shipped directly to the recipient’s residential address. If the selected entrant (a) does not respond to the message from the Sponsor within two (2) business days of the message being sent; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question; or (c) fails to properly execute the Release Form within the specified time, then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Criteria, until such time as contact is made by the social platform (Facebook, Instagram or TikTok) with a selected entrant or there are no more eligible entries. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not transferrable, refundable, for resale or convertible to cash.
5. RELEASE FORM: The selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”) confirming compliance with the Official Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Sponsor and affiliated companies, and all other sponsors of the Contest, and their respective successors, sponsors, employees, agents, partners, licensees and assigns, advertisers and promotional agencies from any liability in connection with the Prize or this Contest. The Release Form must be signed within the time period specified on the Release Forms or the Prize may be forfeited.
6. GENERAL: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the independent contest organization with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which decisions are final.
By entering and accepting the Prize, the winner consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and province) and/or photograph without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering, the Sponsor reserves the right, to cancel the Contest and conduct the draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the end of the Contest Period.
The Sponsor reserves the right to reject an entry, in its sole discretion, that may be deemed offensive, distasteful, or inappropriate.
All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into, except with the selected entrants. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws.